Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Backwards Approach

     It's been a busy past couple days and I have an important test tomorrow I should be studying for. So naturally that's why I'm here putting in a blog entry. I spent a good portion of this past weekend looking to the future (post-graduation) plans as far as jobs/graduate school options go. I also drank a little bit, but not in conjunction with the planning haha. I'm going to roll through this from the end to the beginning starting with me at work this evening....   
     
      Well here I am at work. I was supposed to be supervising lacrosse and no one showed up. What did I do instead? Studied like a champ and did cartwheels around the gym to keep the motion activated light system on until another sport club came. Stop hating. But yeah, I also decided it was a good time to think about a blog entry. And thus, this idea was born that I will materialize my plans from the weekend in order to see them in words and graphics instead of just as an idea. Motivation mother fu$%ers. So here's what I'm thinking...
     It all started here. I have decided to file my own taxes this year and do it on my own in its entirety. It may not seem crazy to some people but I'm nervous. The IRS can be real buttholes. This isn't about the IRS though. From taxes I started thinking about my FAFSA. Gotta do my taxes to do my FAFSA. Gotta do my FAFSA in case I want to go to grad school. Which brings us to the next part of the story...
           
      That's the webpage for Depaul's graduate school of business along with numerous other schools. Time to get my information super overload on. Ideally it would be cool to find a full-time job and do a weekend MBA program (especially in the Chicagoland area...) but I don't even know if that's possible. Hence all the reading I will be doing. Along with schools I started my resume and searching for positions that could be applicable for me. By the way, I'm really sorry if anyone's still reading at this point. I'm kinda just doing this to organize my thoughts. I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob. But this led immediately to the admission requirement of taking the GMAT. Thus the next chapter begins...

      The GMAT site. Interesting. Signing up for next month. Alright, I have that long to finish my resume, ask my bosses for letters of recommendations, write some personal statements, make job specific cover letters while finding jobs worth applying for. Alright, I shall add that to the pile. Chapter of the next...

     Basically this is a basic chart my friend gave me last year for my first half marathon and now it's up and on the wall. I'm supposed to be in week 5... Don't even worry about that. This is in April so I'm going to use it as my main distractor from nonsense distractions. Running, class, work, shenanigans when appropriate. It's the life of a boss. That's where I am though. That's what I need to do. Time to do it. Oh and now the finale that brings up back to the present...

Nice.

1 comment: